We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8

henry2

Likes # 1

Hi Guys,
A friend just told me he has windows 8 installed on his pc by someone.I want to know wether there is actually windows 8?
Thats all
Thanx.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Are you sure they're not thinking of Internet Explorer 8?

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

is he wishing windows 7 was windows 8, I want to know what windows 8 is gonna be like but will just have to wait and see.
click here
this will give you info about windows 8 and if windows 7 wasnt a success(had same effect as vista did) they would of brought it out in january this year.

Like this post
Eargasm

Likes # 0

I have seen a couple of second hand computers for sale recently on Gumtree with Windows 8 Xtreme installed on them.
If you google it you will see that it is not an official Microsoft product but basically Windows 7 with a few tweaks. Could this be what he has installed ?

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

that is not possible eargasm as win8 isnt gonna be out till late 2012, there are downloads avaible on the internet to make windows look like what windows 8 may look like
example
click here

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 1

sorry, missed the bit about windows 8theme for win7

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 1

Windows 8 is available but only as a developer version. Wait until the Beta or the final version comes out later into 2012

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

tigertop2 is right.

There is currently a developer preview version of Windows8 available, but it should be stressed that it's not really suitable for the average home user. It's primarily intended as a help for software developers who might be designing Windows8 application versions.

There is likely to be a public beta download available in January/February of next year.

Like this post
robeyamy

Likes # 0

See your post, I think sometimes really hate computer, why has that the more software,

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia