We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Remember Password box is missing at Login

mctrout

Likes # 0

Since yesterday I am unable to login with MSN without using my password. There is no Remember Password box to tick either. It is doing my head in, as when my grandchildren want to log on, I have to type in the password everytime. Can anyone please help me out. Thanks Mac

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

You may try the followings:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider

3. On the File menu, click Export.

4. Locate a folder to save this registry subkey in, type savedProtectedStorage in the File name box, and then click Save.

5. Expand Protected Storage System Provider, and then click the user subkey folder that is directly under Protected Storage System Provider. This user subkey appears similar to the following:
S-1-5-21-124525095-708259637-1543119021-16701

6. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes on the following message that appears:
Are you sure you want to delete this key and all of its subkeys?

7. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow