We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT Yahoo Mail

proudfoot

Likes # 0

My ISP is BT.
We access our emails using Windows Mail Popped from BT Yahoo Mail. We have 4 email addresses.
We have no problems sending or receiving emails
I have recently encountered problems forwarding and replying to emails sent to me. They just seem to hang in the out box and a standard error message pops up, see below.
I have checked BT Yahoo Mail using Web Mail and cannot see why there is a problem un less there is some obscure setting I have not found.

An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Fw: Mr **********, your November newsletter from ***',
Account: 'mail.btinternet.com (2)', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
'451 Invalid Smtp line - Should end with CRLF', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451,
Error Number: 0x800CCC6A

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Can't really help with your question but the Vista forum seems to get litle response... I would ask again in the "Helproom"

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I have now found out what the problem is.

I have used AVG free for more than 12 years with no problems what so ever
and found it to be excellent

I recently received a pop up suggesting I download and install the latest
version AVG 2011, which I did.
Since that date I have been having problems forwarding and replying to email
using BT Yahoo Mail via Windows Mail.

After much head scratching I came to the conclusion the problem could be resolved by removing the tick in Advanced Settings to "Check
Outgoing Mail" would solve the problem. Which I am pleased to say it did. In the past I have always used the default settings in AVG.

I feel this must be a conflict with BT Yahoo Mail. At the time prior to
preventing the scanning of outgoing emails I was able to access another ISP
and forward emails OK from this PC using identical settings in AVG.

I would be interested in any comments.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)