We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I am told my copy of Vista is not genuine

enewell

Likes # 0

After using my genuine Vista Ultimate software for at least 18 months, my desktop has gone black under the icons and there is a message in the right lower corner saying 'Windows Vista (TM)
Build 6002 This copy of Windows is not genuine'
Attempts to reactivate it with the product key fail with a message saying the license cannot be found. I have tried to activate online without success. Can anybody help me to confirm that my software is mine and is genuine?
enewell

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

This was taken from a different forum...

For any Vista Activation problems:

Try this, and take the phone Option, and hold on for a real person to explain to:

click here

Activation FAQs at above link.

1. Click Start, and in the Search box type: slui.exe 4
2. Press ENTER on your Keyboard
3. Select your Country.
4. Take the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.

If locked out except for 3 choices, use the reduced functionality option to get into Windows to do the above Activation.

click here

“Issues relating to the Windows Vista Software Protection Platform - Non-Genuine dialog boxes, validation problems, or Software Licensing Services messages.”

If the information/help supplied does not work, repost your question in this Forum.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...