We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

delete my HDD data permanently

johntebow

Likes # 0

I want to know if I delete my HDD data permanently then does it goes out fully or keep on somewhere in the drive. I want to put up for sale my hard drive . I had formatted every
partition of it, but is it possible to recover data out of it? I want to delete it permanently?Any help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

Like this post
Chris the Ancient

Likes # 0

Look at this click here

Like this post
kristain

Likes # 0

yes, the data can be recovered through the recovery tool. You need registry cleaner if wish not to be recovered by anyone.

Like this post
jimcowell

Likes # 0

Yeah it is very imp to delete all the sensitive data b4 u get rid of ur old system.The simplest way to do this is to format all the drives,but that too may not delete all the data and there are always chances to recover them.I can suggest you 1 tool that will remove all ur data permanently forevr & no othr tool cn also be able to recover it."Advanced System Optimizer", has a tool named Secure Delete that does the permanent deletion of the data,but be cautious once the data removed can not be recovered anyhow.

U can download its free version from cnet

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more