We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No recording devise on computer?

MissingPolarBear

Likes # 0

Hello, I am trying to record audio on my computer with Audacity but it seems like there is no recording devise on my computer. When I right click on my sound icon and click “recording” I see two microphones (not plugged in) and “line in (not plugged in)”. Both disabled devises and disconnected devises are showing. I’m so clueless when it comes to this stuff! What do I do?

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

You need a connected microphone, try unplugging it then plug in again it should be automatically picked up. Sounds stupid but if it has an on off switch make sure it's on.
If you still get nothing you need to try the mike in something else to see if it's working.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Windows Vista has Aux disabled and hidden. You need to right click on sound icon click on recordings. Right click on any device and select show disabled devices and disconnected devices, you should now see Aux right click and select enable. You should now be able to use Audacity.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Just read that you have disabled and hidden devices showing. Have you checked that you have the correct drivers installed, check for updated drivers.

Like this post
MissingPolarBear

Likes # 0

Thanks for the replies! BRYNIT, here is a stupid question, but how do I do that? Where do I go to get updated drivers?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What audio are you trying to record? From a microphone, cd or internet?

Like this post
MissingPolarBear

Likes # 0

Woolwell - Internet. :)

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I had the same problem and was able to fix it by following this click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......