We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Boot Manager in vista problem

Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

When starting my Laptop with Vista Home Premium 32bit it stops on the Windows Boot Manager screen and asks me to choose an operating system to start, or press TAB to select a Tool. The options are Microsoft Windows Vista, Advanced options F8 & Tools Windows memory Diagnostic.

Only way to get into windows Vista on boot is to select By entering on the Windows Vista option. is there any way to solver this. I have found a lot of conflicting suggestions on google search but prefer someone in the know in the PCA Forum to help me if possible.

Thanks for reading

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Suggest you post this in Helproom. The Vista forum is not used much nowadays.

Like this post
Audio~~Chip

Likes # 0

Can any forum user assist please

Like this post
zarobian

Likes # 0

In the search box type'system' without quots.
In the program section click on 'system'.This will open system window. From the left pane select 'Advanced system settings'.System properties window will open.From start up and recovery section click on settings tab and untick the box saying 'time to disply operating system and select apply and then OK. Restart your computer.Hopefully this will solve your problem.
Good luck.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote