We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows vista home premium

Adam Ball

Likes # 0

I have had my Compaq pc for three years now and everything has been working fine. Then one day a window popped up saying that my vista home premium has expired. Since then my pc keeps crashing every hour or so. Would the fact that my vista home premium has expired cause my pc to keep crashing and keep rebooting itself? If so how do I get around the problem?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Operating systems don't expire.

What, exactly, is the message?

Like this post
ame

Likes # 0

Your operating system cannot "expire," especially after 3 years. You probably have a virus. Download and run the free malwarebytes click here

Like this post
Adam Ball

Likes # 0

The window that pops up says:
Windows Activation;
This pre-release version of windows vista home premium will expire in 0 hours.

To keep using windows, back up your files, and then install any released edition of windows vista home premium.

I have also downloaded the malware download but my pc re-boots itself before it completes.

What can I do?

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

'This pre-release version of windows vista home premium will expire in 0 hours.'

I don't know where you got it from but these versions are issued free of charge prior to full release, usually as part of the beta testing process, and are time limited. It is not a true full version of Vista.

Like this post
Adam Ball

Likes # 0

This pre-released version came with the pc when I bought it brand new from pc world. What can I do to stop my pc from re-booting all the time.

Like this post
ame

Likes # 0

Very odd. A well-known High Street retailer selling a pc with a pre-release version of Vista that's still running after 3 years? Did it not have XP on it originally with a Vista demo supplied as an extra? Anyway, in the meantime, try starting in Safe Mode (keep tapping F8 while pc is starting up and select Safe Mode) and scan with Malwarebytes if possible.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

This is very odd... but I found this, and you are not alone.

click here

Have you installed any service packs etc that were in beta, before they were offered via Windows update.

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...