We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Delete Vista bootloader

ex-wirecutter

Likes # 0

Please can anyone tell me how to delete the Vista dual bootloader and revert to normal single boot ?

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

After a quick looks. To change from duel boot to single boot go to Control panel/Administrative Tools/System Configuration click on boot tab, highlight the entry you do not want and select delete. You cannot make a mistake as it will not allow you to delete the current OS.

Like this post
ex-wirecutter

Likes # 0

Thanks for that , but does it remove the bootloader completely or just the vista entry . In other words will I still get the bootloader at startup ?
I have since found a program called EasyBCD from Novatech which says it will do the job but am not sure whether to risk it.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Hi This worked for me.

I put Ubuntu on my Vista laptop and it tagged onto the windows bug file, which gave me a duel boot screen.

I downloaded EasyBCD and reduced the count down timer of 20second-time delay to 0 seconds re-started the laptop and it started up in vista as it used to do.

I suppose the duel boot is still there but not seen.
I then had to delete ubunton via computer.

Like this post
ex-wirecutter

Likes # 0

Thanks , after much experiment I got rid of it by using fixboot. Sorry to hear you uninstalled Ubuntu , I think it's great , specially the latest version
Lucid. Still not everyone's cup of tea I suppose .

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers