We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

+++ Sea Urchin & Tullie - are you there ??? +++

pcdimwit

Likes # 0

Hope Sea Urchin & Tullie are still there??? I have got ANOTHER virus on the Acer laptop, its coming up as "Security Tools - Prtoect your PC" (this happened after looking at sites for sewing machine manuals of all things!!!) You helped me ENORMOUSLY the last time this happened with the instructions for Removal of the "Personal Security" virus - I have printed the instructions again for the Rkill download and Malwarebytes' antimalware instructions for removing the "Personal Security" virus. My question is: this virus is called "Security Tool - protect your PC" it keeps opening a window with a big red cross saying: harmful software detected, activate security tool" if you click NO it just goes back the "activate security tool" window, and says "Mbam.exe is infected with worm Lsas, blaster Keylogger. trying to send credit card details using mbam. exe to remote host. I am only using MSE virus scan and only Internet explorer as I was advised originally, Now, can I get rid of this virus with the same intructions for the removal of the "Personal Security" virus ?? Hope you are still there??? thanks PCDIMWIT

Like this post
pcdimwit

Likes # 0

Hi SeaUrchin and Tullie, I have managed to get Malwarebytes to get rid of this "Security Tool" virus!!! Ran malwarebytes in the "safe" mode (which someone else on here told me how to do with F8 at boot up) and it did the full scan and found 8 infected files, mainly trojans in photo's and documents but also the "Security tool" virus that shut me down yesterday!!! Oh God Bless the pcadvisor.co.uk site!!!! - and Malwarebytes of course!!! I did lose my own "home page pic" on reboot, but the Malwarebytes log did say that there was ONLY the 8 infected files and the "registry" was OK, so Please God it has gone now, Malwarebytes log said that it puts the log file somewhere on the C drive. Must be very careful what sites I look at now, this "Security Tool" virus came in on a sewing machine manual download site!!! of all things!!! thanks PCDIMIWT

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

yes they will come on any subject you can think of i'm afraid.another usefull tool is trojan remover.it is only free for a month but you can just remove it beforehand and it will remove anything it finds.thanks to buteman for putting this handy little app to my attention click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'