We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

belkin wireless adapter problems

silverspawn

Likes # 0

Hi,

Just recently bought myself a belkin N wireless adapter as my computer is not wireless or support wifi and to replace my cable plugged into the computer. The problem.... I have a router down stairs connected to my pc downstairs. when i installed the software on my pc upstairs for my new belkin adapter and installed the relevant driver and restarted my computer as instructed it still could not apick up a signal to any wireless networks?? but my wireless laptop upstairs does.

Could anybody help me.

I run a vista 64 system

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

what model of belkin wireless n adapter is it?is it a usb adapter?have you enabled the adapter by going to device manager and clicking on network adapters and right clicking your belkin and select enable.is it even recognised in device manager?

Like this post
silverspawn

Likes # 0

Yes it is regonisd and also enabled but for some reason I am ot picking up a signal forr my router Do i need a additional wireless device or should this work on it own??

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

what model of belkin adapter is it.and what model of router is it?

Like this post
silverspawn

Likes # 0

hey

the wireless adapter is f5d8053 v6 and I have belkin router G not sure what model???

But shouldnt it still work regardless???

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

read the second review and use the windows wireless manager.click here

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

or if even that doesn't work read thru the reviews and you should find a solution

Like this post
silverspawn

Likes # 0

Hi,

read the reviews how do you enable wireless again...not sure, tried the device driver and set it to automatic but still no pravail also tried setting on the belkin software to enable windows but you cannot select the save changes button ???

Dont know what to do ?

Like this post
silverspawn

Likes # 0

Hi,

read the reviews how do you enable wireless again...not sure, tried the device driver and set it to automatic but still no pravail also tried setting on the belkin software to enable windows but you cannot select the save changes button ???

Dont know what to do ?

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

in the second review down it says the settings wouldn't stick and they had to use the instructions from microsoft.com as it seems the belkin software will turn off the built in windows wireless.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...