We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Spooler Subsystem APP

mctrout

Likes # 0

For the last week every time I start my PC a message comes up, Spooler Substem APP stopped & was closed down. I read somewhere that it is a virus that causes it, but my AV program Bullguard never seems to notice it. Can anyone please let me know how to gey rid of this . Thanks Mac

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

found this on the technet forums but i never seem to be able to link to them for some reason but here goes click here

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

lol,the link works for me anyway.there may be another possible fix if you read the whole thread.apologies if you've already tried them.if you think it may be malware related then try downloading,updating and then running malwarebytes free as it won't do you any harm to have a scan anyway click here

Like this post
mctrout

Likes # 0

Thanks for the answers, I tried them but I get the same message. Also I get a message from Microsofts DEP. Is it worth running DEP as I have an AV program already. Thanks Mac

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

also found this on bullguard forum click here

Like this post
mctrout

Likes # 0

That link to Bullguard sorted that out first time. Thanks a lot. Now Blender 3D has stopped working. Still onwards & upwards, I think I will junk Vista its too much trouble . Thanks Mac

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

no problem,sorry if it has anything to do with blender 3d problem :o(

Like this post
mctrout

Likes # 0

No worry, Blender is working alright now. When I uninstalled blender to see if a new version would work, I left some files of it on my PC, I cleared them up & away we go.I should be more careful when deleting files. Thanks Mac

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

excellent,glad you got it sorted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...