We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dude, where's my vista orb?

ady888s

Likes # 0

I'm running vista (32bit) on an Acer 5310 service pack 2 laptop. I did a safe boot two days ago because of a glitch with IE (a warning saying this script can no longer be run on this page or something such)

I've since rebooted in normal mode(I've gone though F8 to do this three times now) to find that the Vista orb has been replaced by the old rectagle style. I'm pretty sure that other design type features have remained in the old style (ie 'safe mode' style) as well.

Can any one help please?

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Right click on your desktop and select Personalize, Theme, and select Windows Vista in the drop down.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Whos Dude?

Like this post
ady888s

Likes # 0

thanks canarieslover, much relief, easy fix!

excuse reference to 'dude, where's my car?'

tks agin,

ady

Like this post
ben1979

Likes # 0

vista is fall of glitches is was released to the public to soon... XP is and still the best even 98 is better than vista if you ask me... but everyone is different

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Have to disagree :)
Vista is super stable compared to XP, and given reasonable care doesn't suffer the slow downs and problems of old.
I don't deny there were issues for some at the start, but it's matured into an excellent product.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Agreed

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite