We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop keeps freezing when log onto user!

benturner94

Likes # 0

Hi, i have a problem with my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 2727 which i bought back in september 2008.
Today i opened my laptop and found that the volume system was corrupt, so i clicked repair at the first screen menu and it repaired it for me and restarted the laptop. Then when it started again i went into safe mode and restored the system back to 13th February 2010, this was succesful. Then i restarted the laptop and every time i start it up and click on the user when the screen comes up (give it 30 seconds when programs pop up) it freezes and nothing is active as in i cannot click anything. When this occurs i push the on/off button to turn the laptop off as this is the only way out. And everytime i do this at the startup a scan on "Chkdisk" or something appears where it strongly recomends me to allow the scan and i allow this but still it keeps freezing or leaves a blank black screen with only the mouse.
Could anyone please help, would be much appreciated.
Thanks guys!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

It sounds as if your hard drive is on the way out. I would be inclined to try and get back into System Restor when in Safe Mode, undo your last restore, then clone the drive to a new external one and then put the new cloned drive into the laptop.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added