We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer driver problems

Grimes

Likes # 0

I'm trying to install the software for a Cannon printer. (ip1800)
The installation seems to go well but when I plug the printer into my usb port I get error messages such as this:

Access is denied.

I checked and the file is where it is supposed to be.
Why would my computer deny my printer access to the printer drivers?

This printer, computer and the software has all worked well together previously.

Thanks for any help.

Grimes
[email protected]

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Or system restore back to before you "played" with the drivers.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Completely uninstall and start again.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Please enlighten me,what is the point of the email address,real or not?

Like this post
Grimes

Likes # 0

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

"This printer, computer and the software has all worked well together previously. There has been no change in my hardware or software other than me fooling with the printer drivers".

So what necessitated the reinstallation of the driver? Sometimes a different version works when others don't. Try downloading to your desktop from this link, and then double-click the file to install. Don't forget to remove the present driver first.

click here

Like this post
Grimes

Likes # 0

No.
I connect the printer when it ask. That is when I get the error.
The printer is unable to access the driver files for some reason.
The software claims to have installed correctly.

I have tried new updated driver files from the
manufacturers website with no change.

This printer, computer and the software has all worked well together previously.
There has been no change in my hardware or software other than me fooling with the printer drivers.

Thanks for your help.
Grimes
[email protected]

"Are you waiting for the instruction to connect the printer from the driver installation?"

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Just for what purpose? Anybody responding to your question will post here on the thread. The yellow envelope by your name is to send an email if required (by invitation only).

And you didn't reply to the question I asked.

Like this post
Grimes

Likes # 0

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Not a good idea to add your email address to an open forum - perhaps you like spam :@)

Are you waiting for the instruction to connect the printer from the driver installation?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room