We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 compatible KVM switch

pittza

Likes # 0

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a reasonable priced KVM switch that is compatible with windows 7 please?

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

How many systems do you need it to support - 2, 3 or 4?

Do you need it to have DVI (as against VGA only), audio (speaker & mic), USB peripheral (e.g. printer) & Ethernet (LAN) support?

What interfaces do your keyboard & mouse have, i.e. in terms of USB & PS2?

And finally, what's your budget? G

Like this post
pittza

Likes # 0

Hi, 2 PCs new running Windows7, old running XP

VGA only. Speaker & mic, PS2 mouse & keyboard

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

This Belkin 2-Port KVM Switch (F1DL102PEA click here) from click here / click here / click here for £22-23 delivered should do. G

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I bought and use with no problem this one:click here

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Sorry, and this is the ps/2 version: click here

Like this post
pittza

Likes # 0

Thanks all but do these defiantly work with Windows7?
I have read that there can be problems.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

The one I suggested and I am assuming the second do as I have Windows 7 64 bit and XP.

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

I've heard something about KVMs & Win7 incompatibility, but I've used two different KVMs with XP on one PC & Win7 (32 & 64-bit) on the other & they both work fine. One of the switches dates back to 2004 (a VGA+PS2 Trendnet TK-205i) & the other is this Aten CS52D click here purchased last year (2008).

If you're in doubt, perhaps you should contact Belkin support about their switches & Win7 compatibility. And in the meantime search for one that officially supports Win7.

Note that the eBay one suggested by gengiscant doesn't have mic support. G

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

KVM Switches even the auto sensing ones do not (to the best of my knowledge) require to have any software or drivers installed so operating system compatibility issues would not be a factor

Cheers HC

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added