We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 and PIXMA MP610 Series printer

BobbyLaird

Likes # 0

I have just updated to W7 and am struggling to use the above printer. My inks are fine, the connections are fine, but every time I try and print the test page it emerges black and white. I've tried entering both cd's for initial registration without success. The amount of websites offering help is a bit confusing for an amateur like me. Would appreciate a guiding hand.

Regards

Like this post
AlanHo

Likes # 0

Download the Windows 7 driver update from the canon site.

click here

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I don't know which version of Win 7 that you have but my MP610 works perfectly with Win 7 32 bit Home Premium. Mind you I do have the drivers from the link sent by AlanHo.

Like this post
kindly

Likes # 0

I have today just got a windows 7 computer. It is the 64bit version. I also have the same printer so I just loaded my discs in from the XP setup and they worked fine.
You can go to the Canon site and download others if you wish. If I were you I would just unistal what you done and try again after restarting the computer.
If that fails go to the canon site and download.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I now have a Canon MP640 and W7 64 bit. Had to download W7 64 bit drivers from Canon(amazing not included on CD for a new model)and found via Adobe that for Photoshop CS4 at least, the Twain scanning interface does not work in 64bit (only WIA), so I scan in CS4 32bit then work on images in CS4 646bit.

Like this post
kindly

Likes # 0

I have just found that Adobe do not have a flash player capable of running in 64 bit yet. I dont know when they will. They do seem to be behind on things like that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good