We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

xp office 2002 onto win 7 question

danjohsam

Likes # 0

Hi,

I am about to buy my mum a new computer, however she uses only word 2002 from the xp office on an xp home computer.

She does not want to learn anything new, like vista, or word 2007 etc.

I was looking at dell giving the option to have xp installed.

However, here are my questions...

If the computer comes with windows 7 installed, would xp office programs, mainly Word be able to work on this, and also would the word program look and work just the same as if in an xp computer.

in simple terms, all my mum does is type a hell of a lot of letters from word. so being windows 7 would not be such a bad thing as long as i could load up word from office xp 2002 and it all sings and dances exactly the same.

many thanks for any advice.

Danny

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I have a machine running office 2003 on win 7 and know of a Vista machine running Office XP so it should.

Like this post
Demora

Likes # 0

I'm Running Office 2000 on win7. Not one problem.

D

Like this post
danjohsam

Likes # 0

Thanks for the advice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added