We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Please save me Wireless Network adapter

napple

Likes # 0

I am going utterly insane :0( We have 3 comps in our house all on windows xp pro which has been marvlous, 1 wired connection, 2 wireless adapters. We bought a new computer for my son a Acer with windows 7 which absolutely refused to connect to the internet via wireless linksys adapter we tried installing all sorts of drivers and fixes but no luck then to cap it off the comp kept freezing and refusing to shut down so we took it back to Comet and got a replacement. This one although not freezing refuses to connect using a new card bought a belkin usb adapter even though we have uploaded all sorts of drivers etc. We have given up trying to get the Linksys wireless adapter to work and are trying desperately to find a wireless adapter card which works with windows 7. It was my 14 year old sons birthday on Nov 27th he has not had a computer connection since due to the problems we are having with windows 7 and geting it into the internet, PLEASEEEEE can someone tell me a wireless card that actually works with windows 7 and would be suitable for him for gaming on his xbox which is connected to his pc for wireless connection before i throw this windows 7 comp out the window.

Like this post
napple

Likes # 0

sorry should re wireless adapter usb

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

what acer is it?windows 7 64bit or 32bit?if you go to device manager are there any yellow signs?is there a wifi button on acer if a laptop?can the acer connect to the router?what router is it?

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

sorry which linksys adapter and which belkin adapter?

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

if you click on the network icon bottom right of screen can you see your wireless network?

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

also you will want to disable or uninstall the adapter you are not using.

Like this post
napple

Likes # 0

HI ya

ACER ASPIRE X1301 64bit

our old wireless adapter card we have always used which we have now given up on is:

Linksys WUSB54G Wireless-G USB Network adapter

and we tried without fail to get to work even with all the uptodate drivers on the planet was Belkin F5D7050UK Wireless this has now been returned to pc world.

Any advise on what that would actually work would be fab please :0)

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

as it's a new pc what internet security have you as firewall may be blocking.

Like this post
napple

Likes # 0

Hi i got my friends who's a bit of a pc expert to uninstall all the previous drivers we installed he also tried the pre installed windows drivers but to no avail.
The linksys was the old one we have always used the Belkin was a new one we bought from pc world neither have worked.

So i'm looking for an alternative which people through experience def know will work.

Like this post
napple

Likes # 0

sorry meant to also add its not a laptop its a base unit as previously said we have the main computer with a wired connection and 2 laptops with wireless connection. My sons older comp which we have usb linksys adapter. Its just since changing his pc to windows 7 we are having the problems and i'm not wanting to have to keep buying wireless network adapters to try and get one to work was hoping someone who is currently using a wireless adapter could advise of one they know def works with windows 7

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

the netgear wn111 usb adapter will work with 64bit windows 7 and they are at pc world if that is near to you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...