We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Touchpad sensitivity.

standard8

Likes # 0

I have an Acer 5738Z laptop with Windows 7.The touchpad seems to be over-sensitive.Can anyone tell me how to adjust this?

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

my lappy was vista but the touchpad was configured by going to control panel (classic view) and mine come under synaptics but don't know about acer

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

may even be under mouse settings

Like this post
standard8

Likes # 0

Thanks very much fo your reply.I knew how to do it on my Vista laptop but this acer laptop with Windows 7 doesn't seem to have the same facility.I've been into all the boxes to do with the touchpad,but I can't find one to adjust the sensitivity.

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

go to acer and see if you have their recommended drivers installed.if you do then try your touchpad manufacturers site and see if their are updated drivers there.

Like this post
standard8

Likes # 0

My son in law uninstalled the driver for the Alps touchpad and installed the Synaptics driver.This has solved the problem.It is now much less sensitive although I still can't find how to adjust the sensitivity.He has the same laptop except it is the 5738 model and his came with the Synaptics so I don't know Acer has the 2 different types.Thanks again for all the help.

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

excellent,well done your son in law,glad you got a fix.i always preferred using the touchpad on my old lappy.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer