We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't instal itunes in Win 7 professional

mercfan

Likes # 0

Thought I'd treat myself and go professional. Thought it might give me a fall back situation into XP emulator mode if s**t hit fan. The problem is , I download 64 bit iTunes it gets so far through installation and then rolls itself out again. I have trawled the iTunes help site to no avail. Cannot get into email mode to send them a help message. Any of you genii got any ideas, other thyan throw iPod away??

Like this post
andyref

Likes # 0

I installed 64 bit version of iTunes from the site and it worked ...

Like this post
mercfan

Likes # 0

I am now convinced that the problem lies within my computer, in some form of compatability problem. The major problem at the moment is getting someone at Acer to listen and try it on another machine of same configuration.

Like this post
Technocrate

Likes # 0

STEP 1. Run the devmgmt.msc command to open the Device Manager.
STEP 2. Select View > Devices by Type.
STEP 3. Expand the USB controllers section, right-click each USB Root Hub entry, select Properties > Power Management.
STEP 4. Clear Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box and restart the system.

For More Information and help related to windows 7 issues click here

Like this post
mercfan

Likes # 0

Sorry guys, but I should have posted this before. Everything is working fine, and has been for some time. Either one or both of Microsoft and Apple posted an update. I was aware of it happening, but it did not say who the originator was. Following this update, everything worked fine.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thanks foe feedback - glad it's fixed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...