We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 and iP4000R Printer

Caskstrength60

Likes # 0

I've got a problem between windows 7 and my Canon iP4000R printer . This occurs on both my laptop and main computer , i can't get the printer to work on the wireless connection only the wired lan and i keep loosing the printer whenever the computers are switched off , having to re-install whenever i want to print anything . I've tried contacting Canon but just keep getting standard replies .
Anyone else had this problem ? Any help would be appreciated !

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

Have you check the canon site for the latest drivers for the PIXMA iP4000R

click here

Like this post
Caskstrength60

Likes # 0

yes i did but if you look on there they don't actually put the drivers up , they come with Windows 7 , the drivers load it's just that when you shut down then reopen a computer it comes up as if the Printer is off line and you need to re-install it to get it to work .

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

Try with the printer switch on before you turn on the computer

Like this post
Caskstrength60

Likes # 0

The printer is on all the time (barring when we go away for more than a couple of days).

Like this post
BBCox

Likes # 0

Anyone have any further ideas?

The Canon people try to be helpful, but they are frustrating because they ask for a million details then send you something other than what you asked for...

Like this post
jakimo

Likes # 0

Have you tried this Vista add-on driver file, it may work,if not install the printer software,and let Microsoft load a generic driver

click here-(Windows-Vista-Vista64)_122.shtml

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance