We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

xp home to win 7 64 bit

vectradam

Likes # 0

hi

i am looking to upgrade from win xp 32 bit to win 7 64bit to fully use my newly built pc. i have the original win xp re- installation disc from DELL with the activation code. i also have a laptop with 32 bit vista . what is my best (and cheapest ) option to definitely sort the 1st pc and if i can do the laptop for very little more money ,then that as well

is this from dixons what i need ?

dixons Product code: 074073

many thanks for any advice

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

no you will need the full version for your new machine.you could use that product to upgrade your vista machine but if you upgrade you will have to upgrade to 32bit vista.full version click here=

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

there is also a 3 licence family pack but i think that it is an upgrade pack and not the full version.someone who has bought the family pack will know for sure.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...