We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Libraries in Win 7

shawfield

Likes # 0

I have been pleasantly surprise with the speed of Win 7 for networking.
However I have been nonplussed by the Library feature. The concept sounds ok, but when I try to add a folder on a network drive to a library it does crazy things.

I added my 'public' network folder ( its a NAS drive ) because this is where all my pictures are stored.

I was told "Cant be added to library as its not an indexed location". So I try to add it to indexed locations & there is no option to index anything but physical drives on the PC.

So then I go to 'computer', navigate to the network drive which is 'public' on my NAS drive & right clicking allows me to add thsi to he pictures library. Great.

Now I search for one of my pictures. Out of the 100's of folders on that public drive, it brings up filename matches in, guess what ? A music folder in 'public'. So all I see in my search results forthe library, is album art. No pictues at all.

Why would Win 7 choose to search through the Music folder as opposed to the 100's of other folders containing pictures ?

I love Microsoft :-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...