We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

is IOLA Search & Recover 5 compatible with 7

Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

have tried installing but get run time error
only lists Vista XP and 2000 on their site

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

First of all its IOLO , and on their website its clearly shown to be windows 7 compatible , that is , version 5 or later.

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

her is the link to their windows 7 compatability page click here

Like this post
Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

installed OK and checks for update in process but go to run and get runtime error - tried reinstall but get message that the version on is newer than one trying to install.

Like this post
Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

downloaded there recommendation from support - rebooted - and still same runtime 216 error - have emailed their support with error details - 3 licence edition - but won't install on my XP as no internet connection and their only option is by internet verification

be warned

Like this post
Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

but no joy there.
They now want me to Kindly answer the following questions this will assist us in more definitively diagnosing the issue: 1. Which version of Internet Explorer are you using? 2. Is their any other software installed that has a capability of blocking Search & Recover's functionality? 3. This problem occurred recently or it occurred before as well? 4. You were able to use the software before without any errors or not? 5. Kindly let us know are you using multiple (dual) monitors with your computer?

think its a no brainer myself

Like this post
Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

System snapshot

pity it's my fathers PC as I wouldn't have been in this mess in the first place - plenty free progs do exactly the same :(

Like this post
Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

good job it wasn't urgent stuff i needed recovering :(

Like this post
Seth Haniel

Likes # 0

delays due to christmas break etc,.

Sent software back as unsuitable

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...