We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 - Remove MSN Messenger icon from taskbar

zincy

Likes # 0

Hello all
Is there a way to remove the MSN Messenger icon from the taskbar while remaining logged in to Messenger?

I want the program to remain open, but I don't need it sitting in the taskbar all the time. In previous versions of Windows it would minimize to the notification area.

thanks
zincy

ps why is there so many adverts now on this website? it slowing it down a lot?

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Choose the up arrow to the left of the notification area and select customise. Adjust to never show.

Like this post
zincy

Likes # 0

hi

i want it to show as an icon in the bottom right of my taskbar, but at the moment its in the bottom of the task bar? if that make sense?

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

You mean more to the left and a larger icon? If so right click it and select unpin from task bar.

Like this post
zincy

Likes # 0

sorry, i wasnt very clear. i want it as an icon on the right bottom like when its mimnised. But when i minmised it now its on the task bar, like when you open a folder its in the middle of the taskbar?

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Right click on the program icon then in properties select Compatibility and choose to run this program in compatibility mode for Vista SP2.

Like this post
zincy

Likes # 0

thanks zeppelyn thats the answer i found on google as well, but im usuing windows home premium,so i thought i dont have this option?

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Same here, Windows 7 Home Premium, works fine.

Like this post
zincy

Likes # 0

thanks alot zeppelyn!! it worked
seems a little thing, but it was annoying me hehe

thanks again!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features