We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

will my Adobe work on W7?

Boy Zone

Likes # 0

I'm in the position that I must buy a new PC but worried that my programs wont work on W7, namely CS3 photoshop and Premier Pro CS3.
I currently have XP.

I have looked at the compatibility of W7 and my programs are not listed, so does this mean they wont run?

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Run this click here it will tell you.

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

Whilst I cannot guarantee CS3, I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and that runs well on W7 64-bit. I used to run XP too.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I have had W 7 64bit dual booted for a week with XP. I use Photoshop CS4, and it seems OK. Annoyingly the only problem so far is that my multipurpose Canon MP760 will only scan in WIA mode, and there are no 64 bit drivers, so I am missing the Twain interface. I have just bought a MP640 (MP 760 clapped out anyway)and am told it will be ok but have yet to install it.Even a new machine does not come with W7 64 bit drivers, you have to download them.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

I have a Canon MP 640. It works OK on 7/32bit but the wireless link is NOT compatible with wireless 'N' on 7/64bit. Canon have no plans to make it compatible with wireless N they tell me.

If you can live with that it is a nice All-in-one

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Unbelievable! I phoned them to make sure that it was ok for W 7 64 bit - speciallay the Twain scanner - is that ok? They did not mention Wireless N and I assumed it would be ok Also I was hoping to use it as a network printer with my desktop connected by ethernet and wife's laptop by wireless (belkin N+) Sorry to ask on this thread!!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Unbelievable! I phoned them to make sure that it was ok for W 7 64 bit - speciallay the Twain scanner - is that ok? They did not mention Wireless N and I assumed it would be ok Also I was hoping to use it as a network printer with my desktop connected by ethernet and wife's laptop by wireless (belkin N+) Sorry to ask on this thread!!

Like this post
Boy Zone

Likes # 0

I ran the MS compatibiliy program and it seemed to miss loads of my programs installed, for eg my Adobe, Nero 7, sony sound programs.
So what exactly does MS compatibily program check?
APart from their own programs.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Yes, so did I, but it did not say that my motherboard/CPU would not support WinXP compatability mode (in W7 Ultimate), nor Bitlocker. It did not mention the lack of Twain drivers as above. Neither did the various magazine reviews say much about these things on machines about 3 years old.I did phone Adobe, who were helpful.I had to buy ATI 2010 to replace version 11.Dual boot stops restore points in w7, by the way!!

Like this post
Boy Zone

Likes # 0

This is a joke, I want a new PC not new software.
Its all well and good bringing out new versions of operating systems but some people have not long ago had to buy software that they now find may or NOT work in W7.

Like this post
Roadgiant

Likes # 0

I know it's not the full answer to your question,but I am running Photoshop CS2 on Windows 7 with no problems at all.
RG

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes