We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problem updating SAS

john bunyan

Likes # 0

Win 7 64 bit. One of my freebies is Superantispyware. Normal daily manual updates ok but I get an update in bottom right hand corner and when I try to install it says it wont, as it must come from an Administrator account. I am the only user and have full admin rights. On XP (dual boot) the same update goes in well. Do I have to dowload the update from the SAS site? If so can it be installed on top of existing one? I am using PC tools firewall, Avira antivirus and SAS and Malawarebytes as malware.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Exit the program in notification area. Click start-- all programs and right click SAS and select properties. Under the shortcut tab click advanced then click on 'run as administrator' and click ok. Click on apply and give permission. Click on the compatibility tab-- and tick the box to run as administrator-- click apply and ok.
Restart the program.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thanks for that - had no idea where to look. However, I exited the programme, did as you say then even shut down and restarted, but it does not seem to remember the setting and the update still says I must be an administraor, which I am.Will keep trying!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try just having the shortcut running as admin and untick run as admin under compatibility tab.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes