We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Sounds - hiss/popping

donki

Likes # 0

Hi guys, I had this problem before and resolved it on XP but since upgradign to WIN7 64 I cant for the life of me sort it out.

I have dissabled my onboard sound in Device Manager and made sure I have the latest driver but I still have static noise coming though. I usually heare a small pop or hiss when a Windows sound is playing, really irritataing. I dont have any problems in games though, just in Windows.

Any ideas?

I have a MSI AM3 770-C45 MB and a CREATIVE X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-E.

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

Anyone :(

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

are the drivers at your pc manufacturers site the ones you are using?as updating drivers thru windows has caused many a sound distortion for me.

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

just noticed it's your windows sounds,it's normally been windows start up sound and the like that distorts for me.i turn them off :o(

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing