We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Updates

night

Likes # 0

Today I have updates from Microsoft, which installed but left me with no vision or sound, having installed a different graphics card being Geforce 8600 when I had Vista, but now have updated to Windows 7, I realised it maybe because an Intel chipset was the original graphics on the mother board, I unplugged from the Geforce and plugged in to the original plugin and all was well I have since re plugged into the Geforce and all is ok once again other than it wont download the update, as a precaution would it pay to replug to the original motherboard down load the update once done revert back to Geforce as the update remains not downloaded. ?? can anyone advise please.

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

Have you disabled the onboard graphics in the Device manager and BIOS? If not that could be the conflict with your new card.

Like this post
night

Likes # 0

Many thansk for your reply and the point you have madehas been checked out and it appears all is disabled, and I think Windows 7 failed to realise I had changed to Geforce, as believe it or not on restarting the computer it realised it and I have no updates to load, but on going to update history it tried three times to update Intel and on the third attempt for some reason it found Geforce so I guess problem solved but thanks for your reply and a very good point you raised thank you.

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

Glad everything is sorted.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home