We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win7 64 internet Wireless USB adaptors

mrhilton

Likes # 0

I have just upgraded to a 64bit Windows 7 system and none of my internet adaptors work. I have gone to great lengths to find updates from both manufacturers (Belkin & Netgear) however these don’t work at all... I have lost patience in waiting for updates as will probably take as long as they did with Vista; can anyone recommend a 'currently working' wireless adaptor that works on Win7 64 bits? I can’t get any advice off any of the major high street retailers (they confirmed that they only sell 32bit). Please provide the full make/name and where they can be purchased. Getting to the point where I wish I stayed with 32bit. Please no advice on Netgear or Belkin - I'm just after a list of workinging usb wireless adaptors for Win7 64bit. Many thanks.

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

Any use? click here

Like this post
mrhilton

Likes # 0

Thanks but not really, as I said Im not after new drivers and they dont exist! The manufacturer has sent them personally - all I'm after is a list of all 64bit win7 compatable adaptors not a 'robot'.

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

I had some problems with 64bit win7 too regarding wireless network adapters (usb)
I choose to install the Belkin (n) wireless adapter ,and although there were no windows 7 drivers ,if you get the driver file on your desktop , and right click it and choose run in compatability mode a window will pop up ,choose something like vista sp1 ,make sure the run in compatability mode box it ticked and apply .
then when you run the file and install correctly ,I could not even get an adapter driver to load at all on 64bit until I did this.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen