We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

installing nero8 on w7

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

version 8.2 installs ok from cd, but when i update to version 8.3 via the program it downloads and says it needs to delete prev version and restart.

well it restarts the pc boots and no sign of nero other than registry keys.

no option to save update so lost. in vista this procedure was smooth pc rebooted and ythe update installed.

checked with norton its not been blocked either

Like this post
AlanHo

Likes # 0

My Nero 8 (which was fine on Vista Ultimate) refused to work on Windows 7 - so I bought Nero 9 which works perfectly.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

apparently if you update within the program it works, just cant get the download to kick in and instal after the reboot process

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

managed ti find a download of version version 8.3.14.0 downloaded to a folder and ran instal from there all ok

except when i click on the icon on the desktop takes about 3-4 mins to open

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I had the same problem with Nero 7 so I just ignored the update.

I haven't noticed any difference without the update!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

what is odd is a small box [no info on it]opens saying cannot connect to server i click retry and nero opens

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

deleted stubbon reg keys reinstalled and works as it should with no delay or mystery dialouge boxes, took ages and a lot of messing around but got there in the end

Like this post
bobfan

Likes # 0

Just got a new PC with Windows 7 & I got nero9 having previously used Nero 6,7 & 8 but discs burn as 1 track! CD player says there is 10 tracks or whatever but the disc plays as 1 track. Have tried copying tracks off HD & just copying entire CD same thing. Play fine in PC though! Waiting on Nero technical to get back to me. Anyone else had this?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014