We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Stopping quicktime at start up

mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Using MSconfig and the start up tab to prevent Quicktime from starting only works temporarily. Within a few days or a week it's there at start up again with the startup box ticked again.
Short of uninstalling it (which i may do) how can i prevent this happening?

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

If you have CCleaner you can disable it from tools/startup or even delete it from the start up list. If you don't have CCleaner you can download it from click here

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

I do have Ccleaner as it happens. I forgot that you could do that with it, so i'll give it a try.
Many thanks.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Defender should also do it under software explorer.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Thanks. I'll tick as resolved as i have two options now.

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

I find that Quicktime repeatedly tries to register itself to run at system startup. If you don't know then it will do just that.

To stop it I use Startup Monitor which tells you when it is happening, and lets you to disallow it.

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today