We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Back Up

Pine Man

Likes # 0

I am running W7 32bit Home Premium.

For some time now I have been using Acronis True Image 2009 and it always seems to work ok with W7 as far as making back ups and validating them goes BUT when I tried to do a restore it wouldn't work. I think there might be compatibility problems at the moment according to their forum.

Has anybody tried the W7 back up facility which also makes an image like Acronis?

Like this post
anskyber

Likes # 0

I ended up upgrading to Acronis 2010 which is the only version stated to be W7 compatible.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. I suspect that I might have to bite the bullet as well.

I just wondered what W7 back up was like but if nobody has tried it yet maybe I'll carry our a couple of tests.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

i use the w7 to back up the c drive but never done a restore yet, read on other forums that it works ok

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. I believe it backs up an 'image' like Acronis.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

click here[2]=Backup Restore

this article will show you how to back up and has a link to show you how to restore

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Waiting to receive ATI 2010 before installing W7 as earlier versions dont work with w7

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Having done a bit of research I have downloaded and installed Acronis True Image 2010.

I have used every version so far and, apart from trying the older version with W7, it has never let me down.

Many thanks for your input.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

does ATI supply a boot disc, I have not used it before.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Depends a lot on how you buy it.

If you get it retail with a disc then you can use that disc to boot your system and restore back ups.

I download mine from their web site and install it then have the option of preparing a bootable disc for restoration purposes etc.

It really is an excellent bit of software.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do