We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

W7 Anyone know the Pro's & Cons of this please!

tein

Likes # 0

Mmm im not sure if this is genuine &/Or worth the gamble! im running on W7 (64 bit) Ultimate BUT its the BETA version & i am so happy with it i want to buy the FULL licence Key/Program! i have the beta version on my hard drive so when i do a fresh instal im prompted as norm by the program for the key where i can just input any genuine key so to save a HUGE amount of money ive found this & wanted to know is it worth taking the risk.??

click here

Like this post
tein

Likes # 0

& this as well.? where & how do they get the keys from.?

click here

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

... do you really need to ask?

tsk

Like this post
Spark6

Likes # 0

You've been on this forum long enough now surely to know better than to ask such a naive question.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm very surprised that you need to ask this question. You can only get a genuine installation key from Microsoft, and you cannot convert a beta version of Windows7 to a full release version - nor would you want to.

You must buy the software like everyone else.

Like this post
gazzaho

Likes # 0

There's this saying I once heard. How does it go now? A fool and his money are...

Like this post
tein

Likes # 0

Ive asked a simple question on something ive never dealt with before, i didnt know you could buy a key like this & im supprised with "Spark6" reply! have you never had a question to ask.? i simply didnt know if its genuine as there adverts state there genuine & i wouldnt of thought Ebay would of let them sell them if there not genuine.?

FE thankx for letting me know you cannot convert a BETA version to the full! i wasnt sure if the key mad any differance.?

Like this post
Spark6

Likes # 0

If you are offended by my comment I apologise. Before making it I was aware that you have posted a number of topics for discussion in the past and therefore were in a position to have known, from numerous other members, that these scams occur, not only on Ebay, but many other sites. Check it out!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

will stop working eventually - sometime in March next year if it's the Release Candidate - so you'll need to buy the full version if you want to carry on using Windows 7.

Like this post
sonyboy

Likes # 0

Simple answer mate...Its ' no Pro.... and certainly a big "Con" ....Keep well clear ! These guys' know all the scams...and it hasn't taken em' long to get into the marketplace with their "trash" ...Avoid !!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad