We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Clean install of W7 - .Net Framework?

john bunyan

Likes # 0

Assuming a clean, not updated imstall of W7 64 bit, I understand it comes with .Net Framework 3.5. Does that include SP1 update? Do you need to install any earlier .Net Framework files such as 1.2 or 2?I remember the SP1 update could be a pain. It is further complicated for me as I had difficulty in XP with Roxio Creator 2009 as that included .Net Framework 3.5 even if pre installed and I intend to install Creator 2010. I have not seen much on this on this forum - any .Net Framework experts out there? I do intend to use the Media Centre Feature with a Hauppuage tuner.

Like this post
smackheadz

Likes # 0

that is in the "turn windows features on or off" and is listed as microsoft.net framework 3.5.1 and that hopefully means more to you than it does to me.it isn't turned on by default.hope it helps.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thanks. Some features and programmes need these .NET framework files (not sure myself whivh ones, but the TV feature does). IN XP you needed to install the series from 2 up. Hopefully the files included with W7 have rolled up all the earlier features, or they would have mentioned it ...

Like this post
gigagiggles

Likes # 0

microsoft.net framework 3.5.1 is turned on by default on my win 7 pro 64 cleanest install.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing