We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will Windows 7 work on a Dell dimension 5150C

harveyn

Likes # 0

Hi, my hard drive has just died. Can anyone please tell me if Windows & will run nicely on a new 500gb just ordered. The machine is a Dimension 5150C PD Processor 820 Dual Co, 3GB of ram, 128MB ATI Radeon X600SE Graphics card. I was on hold to Dell for over an hour and gave up with them! Many thanks. I don't have the XP media discs to reinstall what I ran before.

Like this post
retep888

Likes # 0

click here

It'll tell you what to expect.

Like this post
harveyn

Likes # 0

thanks for your reply, unfortunately the machine is dead, so I can't run anything on it!

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

Run this on your PC

click here

It'll tell you what to expect.

Pretty difficuly if the hard drive has died!

Like this post
retep888

Likes # 0

Just read that it's dead,install windows back on for temporary use and update all hardwares drivers before running the Advisor.

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

Win 7 system requirements

These are minimum requirements quoted on my packaging.

1GHz processor 1GB RAM for 32Bit 2GB RAM for 64Bit
16GB Hard drive Space

Depends whether you can get drivers for your hardware. Not familiar with your PC but try checking websites of your components to see if they are supported in Win 7

Like this post
MIke

Likes # 0

Try Dell's Windows 7 Support pages here click here

Like this post
J_Buttafucko

Likes # 0

I have been running/testing Windows 7 RC on a Dell 5150C fine w/o any issues, except for some games due to the on-board video, for a few months now. The 5150C has 3 GB memory and amazingly runs the aero graphics too w/. I am using it now and plan to get the final release next year. Of course this isn't the final release but I would say 'yes' based on my previous testing of Windows 7 Beta and Windows 7 RC.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow