We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Easy Transfer Issue

Stuffer27

Likes # 0

Hi

Successfully installed Windows 7 last night on my XP PC. Saved all my files to my USB memory stick (c 2.4gb) via Easy Transfer.

Came to put the stuff back on the new Win 7 but when I launch Easy Transfer on Windows 7 it's telling me that it can't connect to the files!

Any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks!

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

I haven't used Easy Transfer but can you drag and drop the files from your memory stick?

Like this post
Stuffer27

Likes # 0

Not sure as the info is password protected...where would I drag & drop the info to..sorry not particularly pc literate! Was impressed that I'd managed a full install without any issues then this happens!!!

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Having not used the system it is difficult to advise but on the basis that you can access all that you have saved by using the password some or all of it, like copies of documents, for instance, could be dragged from the stick and dropped into the folder where you intend to store them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features