We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD Player for W7

john bunyan

Likes # 0

On XP I have Cyberlink Power DVD 6. When I switch to w7 I intend to use the MCE feature to record tv shows. I will have Roxio Creator 2010 and Windows Media Player. Is there built in DVD playing software in W7 (Ult) and how does the system recognise DVD's? ie Do I need Power DVD 9 to watch or record DVD's from TV? I am not very knowlegable on codecs etc.but i understand that W7 saves TV in .wtv format whereas my existing MCE on XO uses .dvr -ms - I really wish Microsoft would save in DVD video format as in a DVD recorder. Any sofware suggestions?

Like this post
mfletch

Likes # 0

Window 7 Ultimate has a DVD player

Windows Media Player 12 Multimedia Redirection

That should play what you want

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thanks. Looks as if the DVD maker may enable TV recording to DVD so I won't buy the Power DVD.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It also has a DVD maker; click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...