We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

blurred viewvin windiows 7

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

most views ok but some dialouge boxes and odd icon blurred.[web pages ok]

tried the cleartext tool no change,using same display settings as i had on vista.

any tips anyone.

using latest ati w7 driver

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

yes latest one a few days ago

Like this post
M1kee

Likes # 0

I cannot get my ATI Catalyst to replicate the slider bar being greyed out? I'm conviced that it is a scaling problem as I had the identical issue. I'll work on it. Are you sure you have the latest ATI catayst which was released a couple of days ago?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

the overscan slider is greyed out cannot move it is set to max overscan

any idea what to do next

Like this post
M1kee

Likes # 0

I know exactly what the problem is. Install the latest ATI catalyst for your card.Then open the Catalyst Control Centre. Then select "desktop and displays". You will see an icon of a monitor at the bottom of the dialogue box.Right click it and select "configure" Go to scaling options and move the slider to Zero overscan. Select apply and bing, everything will be clearer. The reason is that ATI catalyst is set at 5% underscan.

Hope this helps.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Is there anything lost in "unticking" it :) and seeing what effect it's having on your system.

Does it sound a similar problem to mine would you say. I don't know if a driver issue would cause that or not.

I don't know what the different themes are with W7 but is there a "Basic" non Aero type setting etc that you could perhaps experiment with.

You are running the screen at the native resolution ? anything else will be blurry.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

found xp scaling it was already ticked.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

going to see if i can find that option.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Just rereading my thread, my web pages were sharp... did you get as far as the end of the thread :) , using XP scaling is what fixed mine.

As I say it be totally different on W7... hope you sort it.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

never had a problem with web pages and office docs they are razor sharp, its smaller dialouge boxes etc, got some improvement not perfect.
in vista everything was razor sharp never had a problem, thinking it may be lack of samsung drivers for w7

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

This relared to me and Vista, does this help,
click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide