We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epsom driver for W7?

Roadgiant

Likes # 0

I'm due to receive a copy of W7 in the next few days and I am currently downloading drivers etc prior to moving over from Vista, on the Epson site for my printer a R220, it lists 2 drivers :- one for Windows 7 X64 and one for Windows 7 X86. Presumably the X86 version is the one required for 32bit, I'd appreciate if someone can confirm this? Why call it X86 if this is the case?
Thanks RG

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

Windows 7 X86.is the driver for your printer if you intend to install Windows 7 32.bit

Like this post
mobileman1953

Likes # 0

when i changed to win 7 just plugged my epson printer in and drivers automatically installed on a epson c44

Like this post
g0nvs

Likes # 0

My old Epson 830u printer & Epson V200 scanner in stalled & run fine with the original XP drivers.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

that goes back to the days when the CPU was named '286, or 386, 486 or 486 DX 33' to specify a co-processor on board and the speed of the cpu.

Like this post
Roadgiant

Likes # 0

Just to say that everything worked fine with the Windows 7 X86,can't understand why they make it more complicated if the drivers had just been
Windows 7 X64 and one for Windows 7 X32 it would have made it a lot more obvious.
Thanks again RG

Like this post
ambra4

Likes # 0

Tick the box and click resolved

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow