We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Samsung N110 upgrade

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm thinking of upgrading my netbook from XP to W7.

Will there be any problems with drivers or will it be fairly straight forward?
I understand that it will need a clean install from XP, so will that mean I can't use an upgrade version?
And should I be restricted to the starter edition, or will it run OK on the Home Premium?

Like this post
daconnor

Likes # 0

I can't speak for the N110 but I had no problems installing a full version copy of Windows 7 Home Premium as dual boot with the original XP on my NC10.

Samsung have recently released drivers and software for Windows 7 click here so you should be OK.

If you do take the dual boot route be aware of a problem with XP deleting restore points created by Windows 7. click here gives details on how to fix it easily.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'll check that all out over the week ahead.

I take it that the little Samsungs handle the Home Premium & dual boot OK? I read somewhere that they were only suited to the basic W7.

Like this post
daconnor

Likes # 0

Premiun runs fine on the NC10 but I have added another gig of RAM to the original 1GB.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home