We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Calendar gone - what are my best options.

T@M

Likes # 0

Hi all

I was surprised to find that 7 has dropped the inbult calendar & now looking for another option.

I have Outlook 2007 installed but from what I can see you have to open the programme to get the pop up reminder (I dont open it every day).

Is there a way to get Outlook 2007 to pop up a reminder without having to open the programme?

If not what is the best standalone to use?

Thanks.

Like this post
a member

Likes # 0

find someone with a copy of vista ,go to C: (if that is the main OS drive) Program files and copy the calender folder Onto a removeable drive or CD .paste the folder into the same program files folder in windows 7 . then open it and right click the Wincal.exe and select create shortcut .
a shortcut will appear below the original ,just put this shortcut on your desktop or taskbar and your done .

Like this post
T@M

Likes # 0

Cheers for that.

I may give that a go using my laptop.

I've actually downloaded Rainlendar & am quite impressed with it so far.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You could put Outlook in the startup folder so that it's open when you've booted up. And for vista side bar, there is an Outlook appointments gadget that shows up coming appointments, will that work in W7?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)