We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Installing Windows7 on an external HDD

arminmckidd

Likes # 0

Hi
Iv got an ISO for the windows 7 beta version (June-July release i think)

What i want to know is how to install it on my external hard drive because i want to test its features and the like before i make the leap to upgrading to the new OS.
I loaded it with daemon tools lite but it automatically tries to install itself onto my C drive which i dont want at all. How do i direct it to install onto a drive i pick out for it?

thanks guys!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

That expired in August, so it won't run if you try to install it now.

If, on the other hand, what you have is the Release Candidate (RC), that doesn't expire until next summer, although your computer will start shutting down every two hours from 1st March 2010.

Make sure you have a valid installation key - Microsoft stopped issuing those some time ago, and if you don't have an unused one you can't install the RC.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features