We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ASUS P4PE motherboard - SoundMAX drivers

Happy37

Likes # 0

Hi all

As the title says above, I was having trouble with the generic Windows 7 drivers for the above with my Windows 7 Pro installation.

I have now gone back to Windows XP Pro, and all is well.

My question is:-

Has anyone found Vista or Windows 7 drivers for the above, please?

Any links?

Would a BIOS update do the trick or not?

Thanks in advance.

Happy37

Like this post
bobbybowls

Likes # 0

i have that board. i just used the drivers on the motherboard disk. they have worked on the beta, rc and release versions of 7.

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

bobbybowls

Thanks for your reponse - that's interesting...can you please kindly look insiade Device Manager for me when you have a chance and let me know what driver version you have got installed?

Do you have any trouble with these native drivers from the CD - any blue screens etc?

Please let me know - look forward to your response.

Happy37

Like this post
bobbybowls

Likes # 0

5.12.1.5420 - 28/03/2005

I have had no problems apart from the rc release would not see the sata HD that has all my photos on it (not realy a problem as i'm running ubuntu, xp, vista and 7 on the same machine so can access from a different os). but that has been sorted in the release version. strange as the beta version was ok.

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

Hi all,

Good morning.

Another update with regards to the soundcard drivers problem.

I have been told by ASUS, the motherboard manufacturer that there are no up-to-date drivers for the soundcard and the motherboard as it was discontinued quite a while ago.

1. Unless someone else can find me a working (stable) Vista or Windows 7 driver that they have used and it works well on their PC for SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio (NOT HD, please), I would be very willing to try that out as well to see if and how it works.

Please note that I get BSODs with the version 5.12.1.5410, dated 28/03/2005 driver in Windows 7, but that particular driver is working very well under Windows XP Pro.

The drivers in the first link that Bremner so kindly supplied do not work in Windows 7 Pro as I suspect that they are for SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio.

I have not tried to download and use any of the drivers from the 2nd link that he supplied, yet I will do so in due course.

2. Otherwise, can you please recommend me a decent PCI soundcard that I will be able to use with this motherboard, please?

The motherboard is an ASUS P4PE:-

click here ... model=P4PE

Thanks again for all of your help so far with this - it's much appreciated.

Regards

Happy37

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

Correct link as per the above:-

click here

Like this post
Happy37

Likes # 0

Any thoughts, please?

What about this soundcard for Windows 7?

click here

All comments appreciated.

Thanks

Happy37

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia