We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

.Net Framework and W 7

john bunyan

Likes # 0

I plan to get W7 Pro or ultimate 64 bit with the MCE use as I have been on XP with MCE, and have fully up to date . Net framework XP updates to 3.5 and its updates. Are these needed in W 7 in its MCE role, and are they on the installatin disc. The uptdate avvisor seems to like my .NEt framework 1 file. I had enormous difficulty once with these .NET Framework files and do not want a repeat!! Anyone yet using w 7 in TV watching mode via MCE?

Like this post
powerless1

Likes # 0

.Net 3.5.1 is installed in 7.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thanks - I assume therefore that the earlier versions are incorporated. Roxio is a pain as I think they also include .Net Framework 3.5 in their DVD and it has caused me difficulty in the past.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014