We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Seriously peed off

gengiscant

Likes # 0

I decided to install Windows 7 and as my post title suggests I am not happy, most of the problems are minor and will sort them in good time. But my main problem is Wolfenstein, after installation and when I try to play I get a black screen but the game is running I can here all the sounds, but all I can see is moving across the black screen is "input not supported".
I have tried changing the resolution, I've tried compatiblity mode. The same result. Any suggestions, there's nothing of any help on the Activision support site.
I'm glad I kept a copy of my XP installation.A quick swap of harddrives is on the cards I think.
Oh my monitor is a 22in widescreen and I have 2 8800GT cards in SLI. Drivers up to date.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Thanks. I think the price differential is about £10 so thought it worth the extra. I still wonder if I should, maybe ,create a third partition, with dual boot to XP or W7 on two with "my docs" on the third partition. Not sure if Photoshop CS4 will let one do this.. Also could you run different anti virus on each of the system partitions?

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Since you tried different resolutions, did you try lowering the refresh rate to one your display supports as well?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

For the record, both the Professional and the Ultimate versions have the Windows XP emulator.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I do not have games, but your point is similar to my worry. I am about to buy W 7, and have a second, slave ,drive that I usually use as a clone. I am thinking of keeping XP on it as a dual boot. Alternatively I believe the Ultimate version has a XP function so maybe that is an alternative for those of us not yet switched.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote