We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 64 Bit - go for it!

Colin

Likes # 0

I installed W7 64 bit Home Premium over the weekend in place of Vista 32 bit. I was concerned that some of my software and hardware might not work with it so I downloaded the 64 bit version of W7 Enterprise to try it out. I’m pleased to say that there is nothing I have that doesn’t run properly on the 64 bit version. The installation found correct drivers for my motherboard, (onboard sound etc), HP6540 printer and all my games including the complete Tomb Raider series from TR1 to Anniversary run fine with no tweaks needed. I’ve also installed Half Life 2 and Sensible Soccer with no problems. I also use Quicken 98 for my personal finance and it too installed and runs perfectly as well as Lotus SmartSuite ‘97. I decided to go for the 64 bit version for no particular reason, (I have 4 GB of Ram which I know the 64 bit version can fully use), apart from it being the most current version. I appreciate that other people may have different software and hardware configurations but from my personal position, I’m very happy with it.

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

If any one wants to help confused_alan, he has started a new thread at click here. G

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Get Linux scrap windows mate or at least use virtualbox to install windows as a virtual os
You'll be glad
Take a look at 'windows vs linux' in google images and see why windows keep breaking.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Before anyone complains as I now know this is nasty,
on scouts honour I am sorry and won't mention Linux again in this kind of way.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED