We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Loading Antispywarre problems

rawprawn

Likes # 0

In vista I ran MWB Pro and SAS Pro, in windows 7 I find loading SAS crashes my machine, and MWB makes it freeze.
Anyone else with these problems?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Thank you that is exactly what I have been doing this last couple of hours.
I have now successfully installed KIS 2010 and they sent me a new Code, so I am now OK for another 12 months.
Regarding SAS and MBAM, I think that the Pro versions may not yet have caught up with Windows 7. The trouble seems to start when "Real Time Protection" kicks in. Anyway I am going to run my machine as it is for a month or so and see how I get on before trying them again.
I will mark this as resolved for the time being. Thanks to all for your input.
RP

Like this post
sonyboy

Likes # 0

I have found the Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) to be performing admirably on 7 !
AVG has been having issues on quite a few users PC's and various conflicts have been causing some users ..more pain than others !
As with all software ...the developers have to try and pitch the product to work accross a wide spectrum of configurations on various machines...and this does lead to users finding different performance "hits" on various systems.
I removed AVG as I had some "glitches" over the past couple of weeks that could only be resolved by disabling certain applications that I was not willing to uninstall..So AVG had to go.
Any of you who have read the "Free A/V " article in Decembers' issue of our magazine ..Will see that Avira has got "top spot"... followed by Avast .The Microsoft version tested got a decent score and failed only on "scanning speeds" ,.....but the figures were based on the Beta version as the final was not available prior to the mag going to press!
I have installed the Final release version of MSE and can only say that it surprised me how well it performed!!.The scan speed on my machine is faster than AVAST and there are absolutely no conflicts or issues whatever!So until I find any yet unseen issues..I'm giving it a good chance to show what it can do..
I can certainly vouch for tha fact that anyone using "System Mechanic 7" will need to upgrade ..It will install o/k ..but the "initialization" takes ages before the program will be able to be used ! Acronis True Image is another casualty..The Acronis TI 2009 will install and work faultlessly..but versions 10 and 11 "flag an "incompatibility box" that prevents an install!
Fingers crossed for now :)

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

Surprised that non of you seem to have tried Microsofts own MSE,
click here

a lot of negativity toward it for some reason Just a thought anyway :)

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

:) Sorry sonyboy... missed your first line... re MSE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...