We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Loading Antispywarre problems

rawprawn

Likes # 0

In vista I ran MWB Pro and SAS Pro, in windows 7 I find loading SAS crashes my machine, and MWB makes it freeze.
Anyone else with these problems?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I have just tried to turn Windows defender On and it is not responding

Like this post
mfletch

Likes # 0

Im just wondering if its AVG messing things up.

It has been troublesome lataly

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

It has just loaded on second time of asking.

Like this post
mfletch

Likes # 0

After just seeing your last post run SAS in safe mode to see if it finds anything

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I will try and load Kaspersky again, it may be tomorrow before I can get back. My mother law is here.

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

PC Tools is not compatible with W7 64bit. I just tried and eventually had to choose other software
Spybot and Ad Aware seem OK

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I cannot load Kaspersky 2009, part of it fails and if I look for a resolution it takes me to buy KIS 2010.
I have managed to load Ad Aware Free although it seemed to take an inordinate time to run setup.
When i used it to scan it found only a few tracking cookies.
Windows defender now loads with no problems, and the computer in general seems to run smoothly. It seems I just have a problem with Superantispyware and Malwarebytes

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

re kapserky
click here

new update today includes

- Implemented support for Microsoft Windows 7.
- Improved methods of dealing with complex threats.
- Improved vulnerability scan, which facilitates security threats' search and elimination in the applications installed on your computer and in operating system settings.
- Improved module of Kaspersky Lab news delivery – News agent.
- Compatibility problems between safe environment and some applications

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

I could not load Kaspersky to up date it, and the version and code I have is for the free version supplied by Barclays online.

Like this post
mfletch

Likes # 0

I would download and install kaspersky 2010 and see if the code works

Kaspersky do let you upgrade for free

click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer